Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

bridging open work permit - Bridging Open work permit

The bridging open work permit (BOWP) allows a worker in Canada to continue working while waiting for the processing of his of permanent residence application.

To apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP), the applicant must be in Canada with a valid work permit with expiration set within 4 months and received a positive eligibility decision on his federal permanent residence application.

The applicant who applied to immigrate to Canada under either the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Class, the Federal Skilled Trades (FST) Class, the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or one of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) will be considered for a bridging open work permit if the required eligibility criterias are fulfilled. A foreign worker with a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) can then keep on working instead of leaving Canada temporarily who has applied for the permanent residence under one of the above immigration programs until a decision had been made on his or her application.

How it works?

Application Portal