Sponsor your Spouse, partner or dependant children
You can sponsor a spouse, dependent children, common-law or conjugal partner, to move to Canada if you are a citizen or permanent resident.
To sponsor a family member to move to Canada, you must provide evidence showing the following:
- basic necessities(food, clothing and shelter) to cater for yourself and your family.
- be able finally support your relatives
- and ensure that your spouse or relative doesn’t put financial burden on the government by by asking for assistance
You can sponsor:
- Spouse – (restrictions apply)
- Common Law partner – (restrictions apply)
- Conjugal partner – (restrictions apply)
- Dependent children
- Parents – (Additional conditions apply)
- Grandparents – (Additional conditions apply)
- Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
- another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions
- Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).