Sponsor your Spouse, partner or dependant children

family sponsorship 2 e1504604736209 - Sponsor your Spouse, partner or dependant children

You can sponsor a spouse, dependent children, common-law or conjugal partner, to move to Canada if you are a citizen or permanent resident.

To sponsor a family member to move to Canada, you must provide evidence showing the following:

  • basic necessities(food, clothing and shelter) to cater for yourself and your family.
  • be able finally support your relatives
  • and ensure that your spouse or relative doesn’t put financial burden on the government by by asking for assistance

You can sponsor:

  • Spouse – (restrictions apply)
  • Common Law partner – (restrictions apply)
  • Conjugal partner – (restrictions apply)
  • Dependent children
  • Parents – (Additional conditions apply)
  • Grandparents – (Additional conditions apply)
  • Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
  • another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions
  • Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).

How it works?

Application Portal