With the help of the family class sponsorship class, the canadian government provide an opportunity for Millions to migrate to canada.Furthermore, when people migrate or come to canada they seek to bring their family onboard the moment they settle.
Available applications types under family sponsorship are
- Parents and grandparents
- Dependant children
- Spouses and common-law partners
- Other Family Members
Other Sponsorship Class available in Canada
- Parent and Grandparent Supervisa
- Dependent Child Sponsorship
- Parent and Grandparent Family Class Sponsorship
- Provincial Family Class Sponsorship
- Spouse or Common Law Partner Sponsorship
Eligibility requirement for family sponsorship are as follows
- 18 years of age or above.
- From the day your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner becomes a permit resident you are required to provide a three year financial support to him/her.
- A sponsorship agreement needs to be signed by yourself and the sponsored relative in order to make a commitment of providing financial support for your relative, if need be. With regards the person becoming a permanent resident the agreement states all efforts should be made to support her or himself.
- For a dependent child, You are required to provide a 10 year financial support to him/her, or until he or she gets to 25, in any order it comes.
You can sponsor a spouse, dependent children, common-law or conjugal partner, to move to Canada if you are a citizen or permanent resident.
To sponsor a family member to move to Canada, you must provide evidence showing the following:
- basic necessities(food, clothing and shelter) to cater for yourself and your family.
- be able finally support your relatives
- and ensure that your spouse or relative doesn’t put financial burden on the government by by asking for assistance
You can sponsor:
- Spouse – (restrictions apply)
- Common Law partner – (restrictions apply)
- Conjugal partner – (restrictions apply)
- Dependent children
- Parents – (Additional conditions apply)
- Grandparents – (Additional conditions apply)
- Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
- Another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions
- Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
Family Class sponsorship and/or the Super Visa program are two most popular ways in which Canadian citizens and permanent residents may choose to their parents and grandparents to Canada:
The Family Class sponsorship program includes a stream for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. parents and grandparents under this program who are successful will receive permanent residence in Canada and may eligible to put in an application for Canadian Citizenship four years thereafter. With regards to eligibility for Family Class sponsorship, the one sponsoring in Canada should meet the requirements below:
- The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- The sponsor must be 18 years of age or older;
- The sponsor must exceed the minimum necessary income level for this program (if married or in a common-law relationship, the income of both can be included);
- The sponsor must sign an undertaking to repay any provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsor and accompanying family member(s), if any, for a period of 20 years, if necessary; and
- If the sponsor resides in Quebec, an additional “undertaking” must be signed.
In order for Sponsors to meet the minimum income requirements they will need to show proof by submitting notices of assessment issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA). This will help to support their sponsorship. Additionally, they must provide an evidence showing that they have met the minimum necessary income level for three consecutive years.
Requirements for the Sponsor
In addition to being a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident, the sponsor must meet certain requirements for Family Class Immigration Sponsorship.
Sponsorship applicants are subject to the following requirements:
- The sponsor must demonstrate the financial ability to provide the Family Sponsorship immigrant and dependents with their essential needs, should they be unable to provide for themselves, including the following:
- Food, clothing, shelter and other basic requirements of everyday living; and
- Dental and eye care, as well as other health needs not covered by public health services available to all Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents.
- The following agreements must be entered into with the government of Canada or Quebec:
- The sponsor must agree to provide the immigrant with essential needs for a prescribed period of time; and
- If the sponsored relative is over 19 years of age and not elderly, and the sponsor promises to support the sponsored person(s) for a prescribed period of time, the sponsored person(s) must promise to make every effort to become self-supporting.
- The sponsor must have either:
- Physical residency in Canada; or
- For Canadian citizens sponsoring a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, or dependent child, a demonstrated intention to reside in Canada by the time the sponsored family member lands in Canada as a permanent resident.
- In addition, the Sponsor must be at least 18 years old, not in prison, not bankrupt, not under a removal order (if a permanent resident), and not charged with a serious offence.