Canadian Experience Class

express entry 2 - Canadian Experience Class

Minimum requirements Being Self-employed and gaining work experience whiles a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.
Note: The use Express Entry does not apply in the province of Quebec. They make their selection of skilled workers.

Skilled work experience

For consideration of a Canadian Experience Class, it is required that you have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), explains that skilled work experience means:

  • Jobs related to managerial level(NOC skill level 0)
  • Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
  • Jobs with regards to technical and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

You must prove that you performed duties outlined in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including vital and most of the main duties listed.

If you unable to prove that your experience meets the description in the NOC, you application will not be accepted.

You may be eligible for a bridging open work permit, If your existing work permit is about to expire. With this permit you can continue working while you wait for a final decision to be taken on your permanent residence application.

Language ability

  • minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs OR Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs must be met, and also
  • language test recognised and approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) must be met with regards to level for speaking, listening, reading and writing.

A common-law partner describes a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner makes reference to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

Find out among yourselves who is most likely eligible. and then depending on who it is, he/she should apply as the principal applicant.

Other requirements

  • You must be admissible (that is you must be allowed or permitted entry )to Canada.

How it works?

Application Portal